One World Media’s mission is to support strong vibrant and independent media that empowers citizens, promotes justice and contributes to international development.
We believe that the media can be a powerful force for good. It provides valuable information, increases cultural understanding and contributes to global fairness and justice. Our vision is of a world where every country has free and plural media providing accurate information and high-quality content.
What we do
Since 1987 we have been working with insiders and experts across all media, creating links to people in the fields of international development, human rights and education who share our vision for the world's media and who recognise the part the media can play in tackling issues like poverty, hunger, climate change and conflict resolution.
We influence, encourage, enable, celebrate and showcase media talent that helps fulfil our mission in a variety of ways:
- Our Awards recognise excellence in international media coverage and set standards among the international media community
- Our events encourage debate on current issues, policy and good practice among media and development professionals
- Our production fund enables young media producers to gain valuable experience in the field
- Our training workshops on international reporting offer unique day-long workshops led by active professionals to emerging journalists and filmmakers and students in over 30 universities nation-wide
- Our international work creates links with media educators in the global South and offers bespoke professional development to media organisations abroad
Registered name: One World Media Trust
UK registered charity no: 1163630 / Limited company no: 08127016 registered in England and Wales