As One World Media looks ahead to its 30th anniversary year we have exciting plans to internationalise our activities and launch new global projects. To help us succeed in these great endeavours we are seeking new trustees to join our dedicated board.
We are particularly looking for individuals with senior level experience of business development, brand partnerships and finance. We are also seeking trustees with knowledge of the broadcast media industry in developing countries as well as the evolving world of global digital platforms. Our new trustees will join a committed board and small staff team in progressing One World Media’s strategic plan. Board meetings take place in central London quarterly.
To apply, please send in a current CV and cover letter before the deadline of 10am on Wednesday 15 November to One World Media Director Clothilde Redfern at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contribute proactively to the board in setting One World Media’s vision and mission, and developing long-term strategy.
- Provide guidance and multi-sector insights to the board and staff through the trustee’s own experience on key issues including the changing worlds of media, politics, international development and fundraising.
- Act as an ambassador, representing One World Media to key stakeholders when appropriate, in order to help wider understanding of the role and benefits of OWM and, where possible, to support our fundraising.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the affairs of One World Media ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of the public for which it has been set up.
- To prepare for, attend and contribute to quarterly board meetings, an annual strategy day, the judging for the One World Media Special Award and One World Media events.
- To become actively involved in working groups or sub-committees of the board.
- To approve annual budgets and accounts, monitor spending, agree financial procedures and policies, and manage risk.
- To communicate effectively with the Chair, other trustees and staff to ensure good debate and decision-making.
- To contribute to external communications, building partnerships and fundraising.
- We are looking for a high level of competence and credibility in a sector or discipline associated with the work of One World Media, particularly:
- digital media
- international development
- international business and consultancy
- Diverse expertise gleaned from varied roles and responsibilities, with the ability to think strategically, seek and take advice, debate issues, take decisions and communicate effectively.
- Political awareness and an understanding of the media’s role in raising awareness of international issues.
- Ability and willingness to represent One World Media and its interests to key stakeholders, including donors, and to further raise our profile.
- Commitment to diversity and equality in One World Media.
- Four board meetings per year
- One strategy day per year
- One Special Award jury meeting per year
- Any board sub-groups (2-3 meetings a year)
Board meetings usually run from 5-7pm.
In addition, time will be needed for meeting preparation and email communications between meetings and attendance at One World Media events where possible.
Trustees serve a term of three years.